In addition to the content configuration setup, we provide a specific set of configuration parameters that can be changed for each customer.
Those configuration parameters are not accessible directly to our customer, but discussed during the integration.
The list of available parameters are as shown below:
They are used internally for different purpose, namely:
- Enable Article / Product Linking are used to configure the features available to the client. At least one of them needs to be activated to use the Link Optimizer. Product Linking requires Amazon API credentials to be configured as well.
- Excluded anchor entity types can be used to exclude certain entities during automated anchor text extraction - for example if a customer does not want to automatically generate links for location or persons. Must be a comma-separated list of values, for example LOC,PER
- Periodic / Period are used to configure the periodicity of the training of the underlying models used (selection model and re-ranking model)
- Preserve HTML Entities is a flag which is used to specify if the HTML entities should be regenerated when inserting the link into the HTML content. The current default implementation is removing them. E.g. " will be replaced by " or vice-versa.
- Link ACM Attribute is the anchor attribute used when generating a link, "id" being the default value. For example, if one specify "class" as value, the following link will be generated <a class="acm-link-article-1234567" ...>My text selection</a>
- Link Target Attribute Value (Article / Product Links) is the value of the target anchor attribute used when generating a link, "_blank" being the default value. For example, if this is set to "_self" , then the following link will be generated <a target="_self" ...>My text selection</a>, and the target article will be open in the same page.
- Open article links to external domain in new tab is an optional feature to override the link target attribute value when generating links to external domains. If enabled, a link pointing to a different domain than the article that is being edited, the link will always open in a new tab.
As already mentioned, the HTML content will be modified by inserting a link in place of the text selection for each validated links.
As an example, occurrences of multiple space characters in succession are always reduced to just a single space character.
However, if the source content is not consistent with regard to HTML entities, the generated content will either remove or generate all those HTML entities.
To prevent any surprises and avoid any inconsistencies, we provide a checking tool that will analyze the content and point out missing HTML entities based on the supported list.
The associated workflow would be as follows:
See our Rest API Documentation for more details on the associated endpoint.