Article Preview in Purple Hub
The article preview is a function in Purple Hub, that allows you to create a sample view of how your article will look like in the frontend, when published. You have the option to select to get the article displayed in several Purple apps and in multiple formats for mobile and desktop. This article describes all functions and fields of the feature.
- Have a 'Default publication' defined in Purple Hub settings
- You can use the preview function with any role in Purple Hub
- Have an article created in Purple Hub
- Have saved your article as 'Draft'
- Have a feed selected in the sidebar of your article
- The article is not part of an issue
- The article has completed any necessary workflows (if set up with 'Oasis' before)
Article Preview from Article list
Opening the Preview of the article, directly from the article list, is a shortcut to jump into the Preview function without the need to open the article first. It's provided for any article status from draft mode.
To access the article list, go to Purple Hub → Purple Feed → Articles
Article Preview from Article view
On the article view, you will find the 'Preview' button on top of the sidebar.
The article must have at least the headline for the preview to work.
Article Preview view
The actual Preview view is opened in a new Tab in your browser. To go back to your article, close the tab with the Preview and go back to the open article tab.
- Select the preview app: Here you can switch between your apps on which your article is previewed (if you have multiple apps connected to your Hub).
- The actual preview: Here displayed is the app (from 1.) with the format (from 3.), containing the article for which you have generated the preview.
- Allows you to switch between 'Landscape' and 'Portrait' mode for displaying your article either on a 'Phone' or 'Tablet'. You can change the device and/or orientation by clicking the button until the desired device and orientation has appeared in 2.
- Display Web Preview allows you to display your content in a Web Preview (see screenshot below).
- The Custom Preview allows you to adjust the format of your Preview for 'Phone', 'Tablet', and 'App Preview' .
Display App Preview
The Custom Preview allows you to define the format of the Preview to be displayed for Phone, Tablet, or Web Preview and works for both, in Landscape and in Portrait mode.