Create a Custom Post Type in Hub
In this article, you learn how to create a Custom Post Type in Purple Hub. You will name it, create a slug, for your Post Type term and enable excerpts for it. We will work with the example Post type 'recipes' in this guide.
- Have at least Administrator role in the Hub
- Have the 'CPT UI' plugin enabled in your Hub
1. Go to Purple Hub, scroll down in the left-hand side menu bar to 'CPT UI' and click on it.
2. Click on 'Add/Edit Post types'.
3. Next to 'Post Type Slug' enter the desired slug for your new post type (which will occur in the URL as well) in lower case letters, e.g. recipes.
4. Next to 'Plural Label' enter the plural of the term naming your new post type e.g. Recipes (starting with a capital letter).
5. Next to 'Singular label', enter the Singular of the term naming your new post type e.g. Recipe (starting with a capital letter).
6. Next to 'Auto-populate labels', 'click on 'Populate additional labels based on chosen labels'.
7. Scroll down to 'Supports' and click in the checkbox next to 'Excerpts' to enable excerpts for your new post type.
8. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on 'Add Post Type'.
9. You can find your newly created post type in the left-hand side menu, below 'Pages'.
You have now successfully created a new Custom Post type, which you can access from the left-hand side menu bar.