Text settings for an article in Purple Hub
In this article, you get an overview about the options to set for your text in an article in the Purple Hub.
In Purple Hub under Purple Feeds → Article, you can open an article and edit the text.
You can edit text in two ways: through the text-menu in the article editor and the sidebar. The first option offers an inline menu for editing text in the article and allows general formatting options. Additional options are also available in the right sidebar.
Text-menu in article
Select the text in your article that you would like to edit or format.
- Block Type: Defines the type of block that the text belongs to. In this example, the block is a paragraph, but you could convert it to a quote, a list, a heading, etc.
- Drag: change the order of blocks via dragging and dropping the block within your article
- Move up/Move down: move the block up/down within your article
- Change text alignment: align your text left/centred/right
- Add animation: several options for animating the text in this blocks like fading/zooming/sliding
- Change typography: options to change font/size/weight, etc.
- Bold: option to make your text fat
- Italic: option to set your text cursive
- Link: options for linking to an internal/external target; option to open the link in a new tab, to set it as 'no follow' or to mark it as 'sponsored'
- Display more block tools: options to highlight, strike-throughs, subscript, superscript, uppercase and inline images
- Options: contains more settings, like duplicate, copy, edit as HTML etc.
Text menu in sidebar
Select 'Block' in the right sidebar.
- Block: Gives an indication about which block type the chosen text belongs to (paragraph, quote, etc.)
- Font: Allows to change the font type
- Animations: Offers several options to animate the block
- Color: Allows you to either change the colour of the text or the background behind the text
- Typography: Options for changing the font size (small to extra Large); changing the appearance of the text within the font family, line height, letter case and letter spacing
- HTML anchor: option to set an anchor so that readers can jump to a specific part in the text via link
- Additional CSS class(es): Allows inserting CSS to apply it to the block
Updated 03 Mar 2023
Did this page help you?