Configure a custom domain
Purple provides easy and convenient support for custom domains on your Web Experience website. This article guides you through the set-up of a custom domain for your Purple Web Experience. If you encounter any issues, please contact Purple support for assistance.
- A free subdomain
- Access to the DNS server configuration of that domain
- A Purple App with configured Web Experience
How to guide
1. Go to Purple Manager – 'Apps' – 'Overview'
2. Click on the three dots menu
3. Click on 'Experience' in the dropdown
4. Next to 'Web Newsstand Domain' enter your desired domain name for the Web Experience. For example, epaper.example.com.
5. Click on 'Update'
6. Click on 'OK'
7. Wait until the page shows DNS records for the Certificate.
8. Configure the DNS records in your DNS server configuration.
Do not remove this record after successful configuration. It is needed for continued SSL support (renewal of certificates).
9. Wait until the page in Purple Manager shows the Domain Name for the CloudFront domain.
10. Configure the custom domain to point to the CloudFront domain using a CNAME in the DNS server configuration
11. After a few minutes, the experience should be accessible via that domain name.
You have successfully configured the domain for your Web Experience, and the site is now publicly accessible.