Entitlement: Preconditions for connecting with Purple
In this article, you get an overview about all the necessary information, that is needed by Sprylab, to connect your external Entitlement System with Purple. As soon as we have received all your input, we will do the steps needed to make your external Entitlement System work with Purple. If you are in doubt about any point in the list, get in touch with your Project Manager.
- Documentation of the interface
- Example calls/example requests and -answers
- Type of interface? Ex: REST API, oAuth2/OpenID, SOAP
- URL of the test system
- URLs of the live system?
Limitations, type of access for the user
- What is the response from the Entitlement Server (single issues, IDs, streaming/full access, publications, time periods)
- For which response from the server, should we enable the user what exactly?
Access data for the interface
- API keys
- Client certificate
- Basic Auth user
Required test users
- 1 user with access
- 1 user without access (or expired)
- 1 user had a subscription and access to past issues
- 1 user with access to a specific publication
It is best practice, that the test users remain stable and do not expire. This is important for later tests!
If necessary, special logics need to be custom developed
- Maximum number of devices logged in at the same time desired? -> The Entitlement Server must be able to do this, the interface must offer the possibility to send the device IDs.
- Is the Synchronization of In-app purchases with the Entitlement desired? E.g. user can register without buying, user must buy etc.
- Redirects from the web to the app, with transfer of a token to the app so that the user is logged in directly.
- Is End-to-end encryption desired? This means, user data is encrypted directly at the time of entry and only decrypted at the Entitlement Server.
Since 31.1.22, a function that allows the user to delete his data after registration, must be offered.
- Login mask
- Registration mask
We also offer our own interface: Purple Standard Entitlement Interface
Updated 25 May 2023
Did this page help you?