Set up 'Background publishing'
You can switch from the current way to publish content in Purple Hub 'Frontend Publishing' or, to a new process which is simplified and leaned on the standard WordPress process, called 'Background publishing'. The new flow is already available in your Purple Hub, and you can activate it whenever you want. It also comes with a preview function, to see how your article will look like in your app or website. This article guides you step by step through the setup. Furthermore, we have created another guide for you how to use the new Publishing Process.
You should not switch back to the (old) 'Frontend publishing flow' after setting up the new publishing process, as this may cause issues with version handling and republishing of already published articles.
- Have an 'Administrator' Role in Purple Hub
You can only do the Set-up of the Publishing Process with the Admin Role, not the publishing, as the Admin Role in Purple Hub has no publishing rights. The testing/usage of the new process can only be done with the 'Purple Managing Editor' or 'Purple Editor' role.
- Have a 'Default App ID' stored in your Purple Hub Settings
- Have a 'Default publication' stored in your Purple Hub Settings
If you don't have any 'Default publication' stored in the Purple Hub settings yet, please contact the Purple Support to set this up for you.
- To query the preview, the preview flag has to be set in the Catalog API
1. Go to Purple Hub and click on 'Settings'
2. Click on 'Purple DS HUB'
3. Scroll to 'Publishing type', select 'Background publishing' from the dropdown and click on it
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'Save'
You have now successfully set up the new publishing process. To test/use the new publishing process, please log in with a different account that has the 'Purple Editor' or 'Purple Managing Editor' role, as you will not be able to publish content as an 'Admin'. The new publishing process comes with a new article preview right out of the box. You can also set up a custom domain for the preview. Learn more about how to set this up.