Change the slug of a taxonomy
This article guides you step by steps through changing the slug within the URL of a (published) taxonomy and automatically create a redirect to the new slug, on the taxonomy itself. The same way works for all types of taxonomies in Purple Hub.
- Have a taxonomy (e.g. category) created and published in Purple Hub
- Have an Editor or Managing Editor role in Purple Hub
1. Go to your Purple Hub
2. Click on 'Purple Feed'
3. Click on 'Categories'
4. Select the taxonomy, which you want to rename/redirect and click on 'Edit'
5. Next to 'Name', change the name of the taxonomy to your liking
6. Next to 'Slug' change the slug of the taxonomy to create the redirect
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on 'Update'
You have successfully created a redirect for your taxonomy from the previous slug to the new one, that you have defined by changing the slug. Your redirect automatically got created as a 301 redirect. You can find it on the Redirects settings page in Purple Hub.