Change the URL of an article
This article guides you step by steps through the steps to change the URL of a (published) article and automatically create a redirect to the new URL, on the article itself. The same way works for all types of posts in Purple Hub.
- Have an article created and published in Purple Hub
1. Go to your Purple Hub
2. Click on 'Purple Feed'
3. Click on Articles
4. Click on the article in the list for which you want to create the redirect
5. In the article, click on 'Settings'
6. In the right-hand sidebar, next to 'URL', click on the link containing the URL of your article
7. In the URL pop-up, click into the field 'Permalink' and change the slug to create the redirect, e.g. shorten or overwrite it
8. Click on 'Publish'
9. In the Publishing dialogue, click on 'Publish' again.
You have successfully created a redirect for your article from the previous URL to the new one, that you have defined by changing the Permalink. Your redirect automatically got created as a 301 redirect. You can find it on the Redirects settings page in Purple Hub.