Create a redirect for content
This article will guide you step-by-step through manually creating a redirect for content in Purple Hub using the Purple Redirects feature. You will define the type of content, the type of redirect, the release status of the content, the source slug and the new target slug.
- Have the (old) origin slug from which you want to redirect by hand (e.g. 'win')
- Have the (new) target slug to which you want to redirect by hand (e.g. 'articlewin123')
1. Go to Purple Hub
2. Click on 'Redirects' in the Main menu
3. Next to 'Content Type' select 'Content' from the dropdown
4. Next to 'Redirect Type' select '301' from the dropdown
5. Next to 'Release Type' select 'Release' from the dropdown
6. Next to 'Old Slug' enter the slug of the origin, from which you want to redirect, e.g. 'win'
7. Next to 'New Slug' enter the target slug to which the redirect should lead to, e.g. 'articlewin123'
8. Click on 'Create or update redirect'
9. At the bottom of the page, your redirect now appears in the list of redirects existing in your Purple Hub.
You have successfully created a redirect for your content from the previous slug to the new one. You created the redirect as a 301 redirect, and it is executed directly.