Create a reusable block and add it to an article in Purple Hub
In this article, you will learn how to create a reusable content block and add it to any article, saving you the time and hasle of creating the piece of content multiple times. In this article, we will work with a newsletter teaser.
You will create a new reusable block, name it, fill it with different content (headline, text, image), group everything into one block, and publish it. Then, you will learn how to add the newly created usable block to an existing article.
- Have an Editor Role in Purple Hub
- Have an article created in which you would like to add the reusable block
- Have an image uploaded which you would like to add to the reusable block
Click here to learn more about reusable blocks in WordPress.
1. Go to Purple Hub and click on 'Blocks'.
2. Click 'Add New'.
3. In the given row, name your block, e.g. 'Weekly Newsletter'.
4. Click on '+' to add the first block.
5. Choose a block from the list and click on it, e.g. 'Heading'.
6. Format your block as desired, e.g. choose a heading.
7. Type some text, in our example 'Weekly Newsletter' as a first heading.
8. Add another block below, e.g. a paragraph.
9. Add more content, e.g. some text as in this example.
10. Click on the '+' to add another block.
11. Choose another block (we use an image block)
12. Click 'Media Library'.
13. Choose your desired image from the list and click on it.
14. Click 'Select'.
15. The new block is now created and contains the name of the block (which is not visible to your readers) and the reusable block itself (the part that is visible to your readers).
16. Click 'Publish'.
17. Go back to the list of Reusable Blocks by clicking on the WordPress symbol.
18. You can find your newly created reusable block now in the list.
19. Click 'Purple Feed'.
20. Click 'Articles'.
21. Choose an article from the list and click on it.
22. Click the '+' symbol.
23. Click the 'Reusable' tab.
24. Choose your block from the list and click on it
25. The block is now added to your article
26. Click 'Save Draft'.
You have successfully created a new reusable block, published it, added it to an existing article, and saved it as a draft. You can now add this block to any type of post.
When you edit an existing reusable block later on, the changes will be applied to every post in which you added the block to before!