Create an author in Purple Hub
In this article, you learn how to create a new author profile, map it to an existing user, name it and store a picture. You will go to an existing article and assign a new author to it.
- Have an article created
- Have a picture of the author uploaded to your Media Gallery
1. Go to Purple Hub and click on 'Authors' in the left-hand sidebar.
2. Click on 'Authors'.
3. Below 'Mapped User' click on 'Select a User'.
4. Click 'New Author'.
5. Click 'Edit Author Profile'.
6. Enter the first name of the author in the 'First Name' text field.
7. Enter the last name of the author in the 'Last Name' text field.
8. Click 'Update'.
9. Click the 'Avatar' tab.
10. Click 'Custom image'.
11. Click 'Select image'.
12. Choose your author image from the media gallery and click on it.
13. Enter the full author name in the 'Alt Text' field.
14. Click 'Select'.
15. Click 'Update'.
16. Click 'Purple Feed' from the left sidebar.
17. Click 'Articles'.
18. Click on the title of an article in the list to open it.
19. In the right-hand sidebar (settings) scroll down to 'Authors' and click on the 'Search for an Author' dropdown.
20. Choose your newly created author from the list and click on it.
21. Click 'Save Draft'.
You have now successfully created a new Author Profile, mapped it to an existing user, named it and stored a picture. You have assigned an article to this author.