Curator: Create a collection
In this article, you will learn how to create a collection in the Purple Curator and assign articles to it.
- Have at least two articles created and published
- Have the Purple Managing Editor role
Learn more in this article about the functions and fields of the Curator.
1. Go to Purple Hub and click on 'Purple Curator'.
2. In the text field above the blue 'Create Collection' button, enter the name for your new collection, e.g. 'Sports'.
3. Click on 'Create collection'.
4. Go to 'Collections', choose your newly created collection in the list and click on it.
5. Under 'Query List', choose an article that you want to assign to your collection and click on it.
6. Drag the selected item into the 'Main List' by holding down the left mouse button.
7. Release the mouse button, as you have moved the item to the 'Main List'
8. Continue steps 5, 6, and 7 until you have all the articles that should be part of your collection under the 'Main List' column.
9. Click 'Save'.
You have successfully created a new collection and assigned articles to it. After saving, the collection can be queried via the CatalogAPI to make it visible in any frontend, as documented here in the Developer Docu.