Curator: Use the "Force" feature
The “Force” feature in the Curator enables Users to automatically add articles to other Collections while publishing a Collection. You can use it if you have Collections that should get automatically filled with articles of a specific taxonomy, like articles of a specific category.
- It is necessary that the Hub has at least one existing taxonomy and at least one term exists for the taxonomy. An example for this could be the taxonomy "Categories" (already exists as a default) and the term "Example category", that got created inside of it.
- There needs to be at least one article in the Hub that has assigned a term of a taxonomy that should be used later for the "Force" feature
- Have the Purple Managing Editor role
- Open the Curator and create two new Collections:
2. Select the first Collection, in this example "Collection 1" by clicking on it. Underneath the Collection there is a Dropdown visible that includes all taxonomies that are available for this Hub. Select one taxonomy:
3. After you have selected a taxonomy, a second dropdown appears next to the existing one. This contains all terms that exist for the just selected taxonomy. Now select one term and click on the "Save" button:
4. After saving, you should receive a message that the saving was successful. Now you should open the second Collection, as in this example "Collection 2". Here you add the article that was mentioned in the prerequisites to the Main List of the Collection. This article needs to have the term assigned that we also just selected for the first Collection.
After adding the article to the Main List, check the checkmark in the "Force Column" for the article and save the Collection afterwards:
5. Now open the first Collection. In the Main List you will now be able to see the example you just added to the second Collection as well. When using the "Force" feature it will always be added at the first position.
- The "Force" feature also works with hierarchical terms. This means that articles of a Child term also get added to a Collection that has the parent term assigned to it. This only happens when the term is the primary term of an article, secondary terms only are forced to Collections that have exactly the term, but not to the parent.
- Articles only get forced when the checkmark got explicitly added while working on a Collection. Articles that still have the "Force" option checked because they got forced in the past don't get forced unless the checkmark gets unchecked and checked again.
- If the Collection that the article should get forced to is opened and locked by another user, the article won't get added there. If this is the case, you will receive an error message that informs you which articles couldn't get forced.