Change the role of a user in Purple Hub
In this article, you will learn how to assign a role to a user in Purple Hub. By default, Purple assigns new users the 'Purple Editor' role which will need to be changed, depending on the user's responsibilities and scope of work. To ensure at least one user has extended permissions for manipulating content in the Hub, you will need to assign at least one user with the Purple Managing Editor role.
- Have 'Administrator' role in Purple Hub
- Have 'Account Admin' role in Purple Manager
- Have the user, for whom you want to change the role, invited to your team in Purple Manager with the right of 'App Admin' and 'Editor' as described in this article
- The new user has logged in already to the Purple Hub (per default, the assigned role is 'Purple Editor')
- Create a URL and have it by hand, made of your Hub Domain + Hub name and add /wp-admin/users.php using this scheme <Your-Hub-Domain/hubname>/wp-admin/users.php e.g. https://c02.purpledshub.com/purple-documentation/wp-admin/users.php
Find further information in the articles below
1. Login to Purple Hub with your Admin role
2. Paste your created URL into your browser and open it, based on the above-mentioned scheme, e.g. https://c02.purpledshub.com/purple-documentation/wp-admin/users.php
Important! These settings are not available in the Purple Hub menu, please navigate directly using the URL stated above.
3. Check the checkbox next to the user for whom you want to change the role
2. Click on 'Change role to ...'
3. In the dropdown menu, select the desired new role that the user should get and click on it
4. Click on 'Change'
5. Next to the user entry, in the column 'Role' you can now see the newly assigned role of the user
You have successfully changed the role of the user from 'Purple Editor' to 'Purple Managing Editor' to grant extended permissions for the Purple Hub.