Bulk Upload of Media with the same meta-data
This article describes how editors can upload multiple images or other media and set descriptions and other metadata in bulk. This can be helpful when working with images from the same photographer from the same event - a recurring challenge in many newsrooms.
- Have an 'Administrator' role in Purple Hub
- Go to 'Plugins' in your Purple Hub and make sure the 'Media Library Organizer Pro' plugin is activated. When in doubt, please contact Customer Success.
- Go to your Purple Hub and navigate to 'Media' on the left-hand side menu.
- Click on 'Add New'
3. Enter the Metadata you want to set for the images you upload. To do so, change the Title, Alternative Text, Caption and Description as seen below.
If you have Media Categories set in your system, you can also add these here.
4. Click on Select Files
Once you click on "Select Files" a menu will open to select files. This is different per operating system (Windows, MacOS, Linux etc.) so not shown in this documentation.
5. Check that the upload is successful
Once you select the images and click on "OK", the upload starts. The images are uploaded in a queue as seen below. Once they are successfully uploaded, you can copy the URL to the clipboard, edit the image or just go back to the article you were working on.
6. All the uploaded images now have the same meta-data
When you edit an image, you will see that the meta-data entered before is now present in all the images uploaded at the same time.