Create a taxonomy in Hub
In this article, you learn how to create a taxonomy in Purple Hub. You will assign it to a post type and create a parent-child relation for it.
- Have the 'Administrator' role in your Hub
- Have the 'CPT UI' plugin enabled in your Hub
1. Go to Purple Hub and click on 'CPT UI' in the sidebar.
2. Click 'Add/Edit Taxonomies'.
3. In the 'Taxonomy Slug' field, enter the desired slug for your new taxonomy (which will occur in the URL as well) in lower case letters, e.g. 'cuisine'.
4. Next to 'Plural Label', enter the plural of the term naming your new taxonomy e.g. 'Cuisines' (starting with a capital letter)
5. Next to 'Singular Label', enter the Singular of the term naming your new taxonomy e.g. 'Cuisine' (starting with a capital letter).
6. Next to 'Auto-populate labels', click on 'Populate additional labels based on chosen labels'
7. Next to 'Attach to Post Type' choose the post type(s) that you want your new taxonomy to be listed below, e.g. 'Recipes'
8. Scroll down to 'Settings' and click on the 'Hierarchical' dropdown.
9. Choose 'True' in the dropdown and click on it.
10. Click 'Add Taxonomy'.
You have now successfully created a new taxonomy, assigned it to a post type and created a parent-child relation for it. You will be able to access your new post type from the left-hand side menu bar, below the assigned custom type, e.g. 'Cuisines' below 'Recipes' and you can create taxonomy terms for it.