Set up an Editorial Workflow
In this article, you learn how to set up an Editorial Workflow in Purple Hub.
- Have Purple Managing Editor role in Purple Hub
- Have your article set up to meet the requirements described in this article
To set up the workflow, choose Workflows » Add new workflow from menu or Workflows » All workflows to edit existing workflows.
When setting up a new workflow, you are prompted to define a title (required) and a description (can be ignored while our UI doesn't show it up in overview).
- After saving, you can drag the workflow steps from the right side to the editor area.
'Review' = Process step that should result in 'Publish' when successful.
'Assignment' = Process step to revise the article.
'Publish' = The only element to finish workflow -> If 'Workflow is required before publishing' is set up in preferences, only a 'complete' matches the requirement to publish to content cloud.
Workflow Element 'Publish'
The quickest workflow can be defined with a single 'Publish' element. This can also implement the requirements as condition (defined in 1. Setting up the requirements). Normally we have a review process, so the first element would be 'Review'.
- Drag an element to editor area
- (Re)Name the step
- Define 'Assignees'. You can define roles and/or single users, optionally define 'assign to all' – in that case everyone can grab the article and do the next step.
- Due date is optionally – until there is no time slot to define it's quite unuseful for quick newspaper processes
- Check 'first step' – in the new option panel you can set up the 'Condition group' (defined in this article) that is needed to reach that first review step
- 'Review settings' – "Everyone / More than 50% should approve" » only useful when special users were defined as next step assignees
- Second 'Condition group' is not needed when setting up a step as first step
- Create steps as you need, repeating the ToDo-List
- Finally, a 'publish' element is required
- Define a start date. From this date the workflow is available in editor. End date stops availability of the workflow. If 'Workflow is required before publishing' is set up in preferences, some workflow always needs to be available.
5. Save the workflow on the bottom of the page.