Settings for Planning Content/Social Media Publishing (Nelio) in Purple Hub
In this article, you get an overview about the relevant settings for planning content (with the Nelio Content plugin) in the Purple Hub.
- Have a Purple Managing Editor role in Purple Hub (required for using the plugin to set up content planning).
The Purple Hub works with the Nelio plugin's Editorial Calendar for Content Planning coming from the Nelio Plugin.
By default, Purple Hub has the following plugins activated for content planning:
- Nelio Content
- Nelio Purple Hub extension
The Nelio Purple Hub extension renames Nelio Content to Planning in the sidebar. So, when the documentation refers to 'Planning', we mean the Nelio Content feature mentioned in Nelio's documentation.
When the Nelio Purple Hub extension is active, navigate to the additional settings for 'Planning' in Settings » Planning plugin.
- Setting or adding account information is disabled
- All publishing channels are available
- 'Feeds' are hidden
- RSS feed support can be used with RSS-Aggregator or Purple Wires in the Purple Hub
You can plan articles and social messages. For articles, planning just means the publication date will be set to a date in the future. You can drag/drop articles in the calendar to the desired date and also get colour-coded information about previously published articles and social media posts.
The core feature of the Planning feature is posting content to social media, through the following platforms:
- Google My Business
- To set up a connection to the platform of your choice, go to 'Planning' » 'Settings'.
- Choose the platform you want to connect to.
- Fill in your access / login credentials. (This data will be used to establish a connection only and will not be stored.)
After creating a successful connection, every user that is allowed to share posts is able to do so (but will not see the credentials you used to log in to the platform).
As the 'original' Hub URL isn't accessible on direct request but would be spread as target URL, an option was added to define a target URL for shared articles. In 'Planning' » 'Settings' » 'Hub' a public target URL can be setup. Additionally, the final parameter for calling an article can be setup. Options are:
- Use article ID as GET-Param 'id'
- Use article ID as slug
- Use headless ID as GET-Param 'id'
- Use headless ID as slug
- Use article slug
Sharing is only available to published articles.