Use BotTalk for Text-to-speech
3rd party integrations / Purple Hub
BotTalk is a third-party integration for the generation of Text-to-speech. A full-text RSS feed can be generated in Purple RSS, and this can be deposited with BotTalk: This generates a TTS article that works by having a JS snippet ask BotTalk for the audio file, and then it is loaded. Alternatively, BotTalk can also generate TTS with JS snippets only, but this solution is not as stable.
One advantage of BotTalk as TTS is that advertising can be integrated into the audio file, thus audio content can also generate advertising revenue. Learn more about BotTalk on the website of the provider.
- Have an Administrator role in Purple Hub
- Have the Plugin "Purple RSS" activated in your Purple Hub
- Have a BotTalk Account created
In your Purple Hub, create an RSS Feed within Purple RSS
- Set up the feed as described in Purple RSS
- Check 'Include post contents on delivery' so the post content is available to the BotTalk Reader
- Publish the feed and copy the feed URL
Use the previously copied feed URL in the BotTalk configuration in your account on the provider's website