Coupon code function
This article describes the options and settings for the coupon code function in Purple Manager. The coupons code function allows you to create coupon codes that will unlock e-paper issues in the app, when activated by the users.
- Have the role 'Account Admin' in Purple Manager
- Have an app created in Purple Manager
- Have a publication created in Purple Manager
- Have e-paper issues published in Purple Manager
Learn in this article how to create coupon codes
Coupon Types Settings
- Teams: Select the team to which the app belongs to that you want to create a coupon.
- Name: Name your coupon here, e.g. January Campaign Coupon
- Maximum number of devices: If you want your coupon to be used on only one device per user, set this value to one and create as many coupons as you want to give to users. If you want to have only one coupon for all users, you can limit the number of requests for the coupon here.
- Maximum number of issues: This value limits the amount of issues that can be opened/downloaded per device
- Validity Start/End: Content published in this period, limited by dates, can be activated by the user via the coupon. For example: A coupon with validity 01.01. — 31.01. would unlock the issues that are published in January. The issues that are published before/after this period cannot be unlocked via the coupon.
- Period of Validity (days): Limits the validity by days, content published in this period, can be activated by the user via the coupon. For example: A coupon with validity for 30 days would unlock the issues that are published in this time, starting from the first day of activation (entering the code + loading content) by the user. The issues that are published before/after this period cannot be unlocked via the coupon.
- Exclude latest issue before validity start: This means that only the first issue, that will be published after the activation of the coupon by the user, will be readable. Not the latest issue.
- Redemption period Start/End: Limits the lifespan of the coupon by date. After the expiration of the selected lifespan, the coupon has expired and can no longer be redeemed. This setting can be combined with the Validity (see above).
- Validity for recent issue only: This means that only issues that were published before the coupon was activated are readable and thus permanently linked to the coupon. Thus, no newer issue can be opened with it.
Different between Redemption and Validity: For Christmas, we would like to offer customers the opportunity to be able to activate the coupon during the entire month of December as a gift. All issues from the first quarter of the current year should be readable. Here, you want to have an active coupon from December 1st to December 31st (redemption period) and thus activate the contents of the first quarter, that is, from January 1st to March 31st (validity period).
Choosing a publication
- Available publications: By clicking on one of the arrows, next to the publications in the list, you define the publication on which the coupon should be applied. When clicked, it moves to the right-hand side part ‘Selected Publications’. The other publications from the list that have not been selected remain unaffected by an activation through the coupon. Thus, they cannot be loaded by the reader in the app when he/she activates the coupon.
- Selected publications: Indicates the publication(s) on which the coupon should be applied. At least one publication must be listed, to make your coupon work.
Coupon Types Overview
This view gives you an overview of the coupon settings which you have just choosing in the view before and gives you some additional options as described below:
- Number of Coupons (redeemed): This indication works like a counter for the number of activated coupons. In brackets, you find the number of redeemed coupons.
- Edit: Allows you to change the coupon settings, which you have made before.
- Export coupons: Allows you to export your created coupons in a XLS file and download it on your computer. Thus, you have the option to distribute your codes, e.g. via Marketing activities. Please make sure, to have them created before (see 4.), otherwise the list will be empty.
- Generate Codes: After making sure, all information displayed on this overview is set to your needs, the codes can be generated. Find further explanation below in the section 'Generate Codes' in this article.
- Delete all Coupons: Allows you to delete all coupons, which you have created before. Watch out, by clicking this button, you will make all coupons invalid, which you may have distributed to your users before. When done, the users won’t have access to the (via coupon code) unlocked issues any more and only see a spinner.
- Import Coupons: Allows you to import coupon codes which you have created externally, via XLS.
- Download template for coupon import here: Offers the XLS template for importing coupons (see the point below, 'Download template for coupon import'.)
Download template for coupon import
The Download template offers the option to create your own coupon codes and import them to Purple Manager, so that you can map them with your coupon type. You can download it (see point 7. in 'Coupon types overview' above), paste your own codes into the table, and upload it afterwards into Purple Manager as XLS to import the codes (see point 6. in 'Coupon types overview' above).
We strongly recommend setting the redemption and validity in the coupon types settings (see section 'Coupon types settings' above) and use the XLS template only for importing coupon codes. This means, that you would leave the columns B-E empty in the table.
- Code: You can paste your own unique coupon codes into column A (you can find some example entries in the screenshot above).
- Validity Start: This is an advanced feature, we recommend defining this setting in the coupon types settings, and leave this column empty via import.
- Validity End: This is an advanced feature, we recommend defining this setting in the coupon types settings, and leave this column empty via import.
- Redemption Period Start: This is an advanced feature, we recommend defining this setting in the coupon types settings, and leave this column empty via import.
- Redemption Period End: This is an advanced feature, we recommend defining this setting in the coupon types settings, and leave this column empty via import.
Generate codes allows you to define, how the code should look like, which your users will later use to unlock issues in their apps.
- Number of Coupons: Enter here the number of how many coupons you want to generate for later distribution to your users.
- Coupon Code Prefix: If you wish, to enter a personal/branded Prefix, that occurs at the beginning of each code, you can set it here. In our example, each code will start with 'DOCU-'.
- Coupon Code Suffix: If you wish, to enter a personal/branded Suffix, that occurs on the end of each code, you can set it here. In our example, each code will end with '-TEST'.
- Length of Variable Code: Allows you to choose, how many characters the variable part of the codes created, should have.
- Use Numbers: Allows you to choose, if the variable part of the codes created should contain numbers.
- Use Letters: Allows you to choose, if the variable part of the codes created should contain letters.
- Example Code: Shows, how the codes created will look like. In this example, 'DOCU-5427C-TEST'. Beginning, with 'DOCU-' as defined in 2.; followed by '5427C' as defined in 4., 5. and 6.; and end by '-TEST' as defined in 3.
Make sure, to always test the coupons you create to see if they fit the goals of your desired marketing campaign, before distributing them. Coupons can be configured in very different ways.
Info: The sole activation of the coupon, i.e. inserting the coupon code into the coupon field in the app, does not yet trigger the redemption. A coupon is considered redeemed as soon as the issue is opened by the user in the app, and thus the (progressive) download of the content has begun.