Create a publication in Purple Manager
In this article, you learn how to create a new publication in Purple Manager. You will need to have a publication created first, if you want to store an issue or bundle.
- Have an app created in Purple Manager
- Have at least 'App Admin' role in Purple Manager
- Have an image for your publication prepared (square size of at least 1024×1024 pixel, PNG or JPEG)
1. Go to Purple Manager → 'Apps' → 'Overview'
2. Click on 'Content'
3. Click on 'Newsstand'
4. Click on the blue button '+'
5. Click on 'Create new publication'
6. Click on 'select image' and upload an image for your publication
7. Wait until the upload is finished
8. Find your image stored in the form
You can add additional images later using the 'More images' button on the publication details page. Each additional image can have an Identifier, which is returned as kind by the Catalog API.
This can be useful, e.g. if a website needs a different image format than the Apps.
9. Type the name for your publication next to 'Name'
10. Click on 'Save'