Create a service account for API access for Android in Google Play Account
In this article, you learn how to create a service account for API access for Android in Google Play Account.
- Have an app created in Purple Manager
- Have at least 'App Admin' role in Purple Manager
- Google Play console have the role for Google Play Developer as 'Account owner'
- In the Google Play console, have a Google Cloud project linked below API access
1. Go to the Google Play Console and click on 'Setup'
2. Click on 'API access'
3. Click on 'Learn how to create service accounts'
4. Click on 'Google Cloud Platform'
5. Click on 'Create Service Account'
6. Below 'Service account name' type the desired name for your service account
7. Below 'Service account ID' type the desired ID for your service account
8. Below 'Service account descriptions' put a text which is describing what the service account will do
9. Click on 'Create and continue'
10. Below 'Select a role' click on the arrow
11. Choose a role, e.g. 'Viewer'
12. Click on 'Continue'
13. Click on 'Done'
14. Click on 'Done'
15. Choose your recently created service account in the list and click on the cell in the column 'Email'
16. Click on 'KEYS'
17. Click on 'ADD KEY'
18. Click on 'Create new key'
19. Below 'Key type' choose 'JSON'
20. Click on CREATE
21. The JSON file is now downloaded to your computer. Click on 'CLOSE'
22. Go back to the Google Play Console and click on 'API access'
23. Scroll down to 'Service accounts' and choose the desired service account in the list and click on 'Manage Play Console permissions'
24. Next to 'View app information and download bulk reports' check the checkbox
25. Next to 'View financial data, orders and cancellation survey responses' check the checkbox
26. Click on 'Invite user'
27. Click on 'Send invitation'