Enable read mode ToC for e-paper issues in the app
In this article, you learn how to enable the read mode ToC (Table of Contents) feature via config.properties for the e-paper issues in your app.
- Have an app created in Purple Manager
- Have a publication created in Purple Manager
- Have at least one issue created and content uploaded to your publication in Purple Manager
- Have read mode enabled for your app
- Have the config.properties doc, which you also use for importing content via SFTP-Upload, by hand
The enablement of the feature 'Read mode ToC' for e-paper issues in your app, is done by changing a value in your config.properties. The config.properties is the same document, which you also use for the import via SFTP-Upload for your e-papers with the Purple Importer. To do so, download the config.properties on your computer, overwrite the value and re-upload the config.properties via SFTP-Upload.
The propertie 'readmodeToC' is per default set to 'false', so that it looks like this:
If you want to enable the feature, you have to set the value to 'true', so that it looks like that:
After setting the value in the config.properties to 'true' the read mode ToC is automatically generated and displayed for every issue that is imported after the enablement.
If you want to apply the changes also on the issues, that have been uploaded before the change, please re-import your existing content via your ordinary import procedure, after enabling the HTML ToC.