How to create coupon codes
This article shows you how to create a simple coupon code in Purple Manager. You will create a new coupon type and define how the coupon codes should be structured, afterwards you will generate the codes.
Learn in this article, which options and settings are available for coupons.
- Have the role 'Account Admin' in Purple Manager
- Have an app created in Purple Manager
- Have a publication created in Purple Manager
- Have e-paper issues published in Purple Manager
1. Go to Purple Manager – Coupons
2. Click on 'New'
3. Next to 'Team' select your team from the dropdown
4. Next to 'Name' enter the name of your Coupon Codes type
5. Next to 'Maximum number of devices' enter amount of devices to how many you want to limit one coupon code for
6. Next to 'Maximum Number of Issues' enter the amount of issues which should be unlockable per coupon code
7. Next to 'Validity Start' choose the starting date from which your coupon code should be valid
8. Next to 'Validity End' choose the End date from which your coupon code should be invalid
9. Next to 'Redemption Period Start' choose the date, from which your users should be able to redeem the coupon code
10. Next to 'Redemption Period End' choose the date, from which your users should not be able any more to redeem the coupon code
11. Below 'Available Publications' choose (a) publication(s) from the list on which you want to apply the coupon codes for, and click on the arrow.
12. Click on 'Save'
13. Click on 'Generate Codes'
14. Next to 'Number of Coupons' enter the amount of coupons you want to generate
15. Next to 'Coupon Code Prefix' enter the prefix you wish to have for your coupon codes
16. Next to 'Length of Variable Code' choose a number from the dropdown to define, how long the created code should be
17. Click on 'Generate Codes'
You have successfully created a new Coupon Type and generated the codes. You can now export them and distribute the codes to users. When activating a coupon code, your user will be able to unlock issues in their app. Please make sure to test codes in your preview app before distributing them to your users.