Setup purchase validation on App level for the Apple App Store in Purple Manager
If you want to offer in-app purchases in your Purple DS iOS app, you need to establish a connection between Purple Manager and the Apple App Store. This How-to guide described the steps to set up the purchase validation per App. You can alternatively set it up on account level for all of your apps.
You learn how to set up the purchase validation for the Apple App Store in Purple Manager in order to make it possible to enable in-app purchases for your iOS app. Furthermore, you will generate a shared secret in the Apple App store and store it in the Purple Manager.
If you want to apply this change for your Purple App, you have to rebuild the app. It demands a new submit in the apps store, to make it visible to your users.
- Have an app created in Purple Manager
- Have at least 'App Admin' role in Purple Manager
- Have an app created in App Store Connect
- Have at least 'Account holder' or 'Admin' role in App Store Connect
1. Go to App Store Connect https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/
2. Click on 'My Apps'
3. Choose your app from the list and click on it
4. Click on 'Subscriptions'
5. Click on 'Manage'
6. Click 'Generate' in the dialogue. If you have generated a shared Secret before, click 'Regenerate'
7. Copy the shared secret
8. Click on 'Done'
9. Go to Purple Manager
10. Go to 'App' → 'Overview'
11. Click on 'Basic settings'
12. Go to 'iTunes shared secret' and paste the shared secret which you generated in the App Store before, into the field
13. Click on 'Save'