Store the iOS launch screen in Purple Manager
In this article, you learn how to store the iOS launch screen in Purple Manager to make it visible in your Purple iOS app. The launch screen is displayed when an iOS app is started.
If you want to apply this change for your Purple App, you must rebuild the app and resubmit it to the App Store, to make the changes visible to your users.
Preparations in Purple Manager
- Have a team created in Purple Manager
- Have yourself invited to the team in Purple Manager
- Have an app created in Purple Manager
- Have at least an 'App Admin' role in Purple Manager
Preparation of the iOS launch screen
With a launch image, you only need to provide one file matching the criteria below for all possible display sizes.
- File format: JPG or PNG
- Size: 2732 x 2732 px
- Logo: centred, maximum 640 x 640 px, otherwise there may be bleed on some devices.
If you want to place a logo on the launch screen, make sure to centre it. Each iOS device will crop the launch screen from the centre and adjust it to the individual display size. If you make the area bigger, this may cause bleed.
1. Go to Purple Manager -> 'Apps' -> 'Overview.
2. Click 'App Design'.
3. Click 'iOS'.
4. Click 'Basic Settings'.
5. Go to 'Launchscreen' → '01. Launch image'
6. Click 'Select image' and upload your prepared launch image.
7. Wait for the upload to complete.
8. Click 'Save'.
9. Go back to 'Overview' in Purple Manager.
10. Click 'Build App'.
11. Choose 'Preview App', 'iOS', and then click 'Build'.
12. Back on 'Overview' you can now scan the QR code and download the iOS app preview to your iOS device for testing.