Store the general app icon (iOS) in Purple Manager
In this article, you learn how to store the general app icon for iOS in Purple Manager.
The app icon is displayed on the home screen of the reader's iOS device (smartphone or tablet) and ideally contains the logo/icon of your app. The best practice is to ensure the same look and feel for both the iOS and Android app icons to maintain brand consistency.
If you want to apply this change for your Purple App, you must rebuild the app and resubmit it to the App Store, to make the changes visible to your users.
- Have a team created in Purple Manager
- Have yourself invited to the team in Purple Manager
- Have an app created in Purple Manager
- Have at least 'App Admin' role in Purple Manager
- Have an app icon prepared: square PNG or JPG image of 2048 x 2048 pixel
1. Go to Purple DS Manager.
2. Click 'App Design'.
3. Click on 'General' → 'Basic Settings'.
4. Click 'Select image' and upload your prepared app icon.
5. Wait for the upload to complete/
6. Click 'Save'.
7. Go back to 'Overview' and click 'Build App' to rebuild your app.
8. Choose 'Preview App' in the pop-up.
9. Choose 'iOS'.
10. Click 'Build'.
11. Back on 'Overview' you can scan the QR code with your iOS device to download the Purple Preview app and make sure the app icon is displayed correctly.